Insect Drawings

Sunday, 30 August 2015



Hello,


In my last Tacking Stock I mentioned that I have been drawing insects. This is because our art topic this term is Art Versus Science which I really love. For our final assignment we will need to draw nine insects or bugs, scan and edit them on Photoshop, and present them pinned on a board. We are doing this the same way scientist would pin real insect and bug specimens. I am not up to this stage yet so I thought I would share my process. At the moment I have finished the drawings and scanned them to start Photoshop next lesson. 




Also, as a part of this art unit we have been studying an amazing artist, Damien Hirst.  He is the richest living artist to date and is famous for his controversial artworks such as preserving sharks, cutting cows in half and covering a human skull in over 8,000 diamonds. His pieces are a symbol of everything we fear, love and hope for and they continue to change the shape of contemporary art in the 21st century.



I look forward to looking at more of his work and studying him as an artist and continuing my own artwork.

Such fun!
Leni xo





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Just Eleni All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger