Greek Easter

Sunday, 12 April 2015

Hello!

Easter is my favourite time of the year. Now you might be thinking Easter was last week but for the the Greek Orthodox community we celebrated yesterday. For me Easter is about eating food, baking koulouria (Greek biscuits) and being with my family. 



My grandmother makes an amazing lunch and my grandfather cooks a traditional lamb on the spit. YUM! 

On the Saturday night at midnight my dad and I go to church to light the lambatha, a candle giving to you by your Godparents. I had planned to take some great photos of everyones candles lit up but I forgot to put a memory card in the camera! Here is a photo of my candle I took on my phone.


We had gone to Kogarah church were the Prime Minister of Australia, Tony Abbott made a speech acknowledging the Greek/Australian community. After that we went back to my grandparents for delicious chicken soup. 

Such fun!
Leni xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Just Eleni All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger